“Music and dance express what is too deep to find words for – the communication between body and soul.” Ruth St. Denis. Let Know more about Movement and Music Therapy for Children!!
Music and movement are inherent expressions of our humanity. We have been exploring these creative possibilities since the dawn of mankind. Before learning to use words, a baby relates to the world through movement and voice. In this sense, we could say that music and movement are our mother tongue. Over the last decades, there has been a substantial increase in research concerning music and movement for children with special needs. This form of therapy can involve singing, listening to music, dancing, and using various instruments, rhythms, and sounds.
Because this is a universal language, able to be interpreted regardless of verbal barriers, it benefits children on the following levels:
- Increasing awareness and control of their own bodies.
- Opening a safe space to express and process emotions.
- Unleashing their creative potential.
- Learns to trust, take risks, and be calm.
- Nurturing a deeper connection to themselves and others.
- Creating a sense of belonging.
- Strengthen non-verbal communication, making eye contact, and socializing.