Integration Services in Qatar
Some exceptional children experience difficulties in school. These difficulties can be due to a disorder a child has. Children with difficulties are exceptional children and are entitled to receive accommodations to allow them to receive appropriate education in the least restrictive environment. In a perfect world, all schools should be equipped with the necessary framework to enable all children to reach their full potential regardless of their abilities. However, we do not live in a perfect world.
Mind Institute deploys a specific approach to allow exceptional children to attend mainstream schools.
What is our approach to Integration services?
1) Understand what kind of support your child needs to be successful in the classroom. Your child may require a shadow to allow him/her to stay on schedule.
2) Establish a Grade Level for your child. Many factors influence this. Our goal is to integrate your child as close to his/her grade as possible to allow your child to mature physically and emotionally alongside his/her peers. Even if your child is cognitively below grade level, we work with the school to keep your child with his/her peers in subjects like P.E, health and music while coordinating one on one assistance in math and language arts.
3) Team up with the teacher to develop an “Integration Plan.” We will examine your child’s IEP and make necessary modifications to reflect your child’s best interests. These modifications may include behavior support, visuals, creating a designated space for your child to work in with his/her peers in activities like reading groups, science clubs, etc.
4) Team up with Classmates. We believe integration helps mainstream children learn about compassion, acceptance, and teamwork amidst differing ability levels. It is vital that our children are exposed to all kinds of people, all sorts of cultures, all sorts of religions, and, similarly, all sorts of disabilities. Therefore we work on fostering relationships in integration classes. One way of achieving this is by creating a “buddy” system at school. This is a healthy way to make students accountable and teach them how to help their “buddy,” creating a more accepting environment for everyone in the classroom.
5) Assist and amend. Mind institute will look at what your child needs to make him/her successful? Once we have established an appropriate classroom for integration and educated classmates and staff through collaboration, it is time to accommodate and modify so that your child succeeds. Assistance and modifications will affect several aspects of your child’s day at school. An example would be a change in the environment, limiting distractions, modifying the texts’ level, and worksheets. Another example is time. We work with the school to allow more time for responses, allow more frequent breaks and oral responses instead of written responses. These are just examples of how Mind Institute will assist and amend aspects of your child’s typical day at school to allow him/her to integrate into a mainstream routine.
6) Observe, review, and modify; continuously connect with the teachers and peers to ensure our integration models are working. Collect data, measure success, and adjust plans. This takes time, but with time your child will begin to connect with his/her peers in the hallways or even approach new friends at recess!
Below is a snapshot of our Integration Services. These children were successfully integrated into mainstream classrooms. If your child is exceptional and needs help integrating into mainstream schools, call us today!
Newton International School
International School of London
Little Academy Nursery
Vision International School
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
We were worried the moment we found out that the center will be closed due to our current situation. But the family was really amazed at how the center handled the uncertainties. My son is now attending teletherapy sessions for his OT and SLT. It was quite new and challenging in the first few sessions but because of the hard work and professionalism of the team, I could say they are doing a great job! Thank you Ms. Madeeha (SLT), Ms. Lili (OT) and Ms. Azza for all your hard work to make things happen for all your students. Stay safe everyone! Eid Mubarak!
Mind Institute has always been my first and only choice when it came for special needs for my son. My son has progressed tremendously in all aspects and I’m grateful for all the hard work put in by all the therapists and assistants. I’m truly grateful to Ms Gillian (special educator) for all the hard work and her indefatigable calm and courtesy when it comes to making my son feel at home and satisfying a worried and super involved parent like me. Ms Vanessa has also developed an amazing relationship with my son and she is extremely loving and patient when it comes to calming my son down.
Best Special Needs Center in Qatar. Also, deliver adult psychotherapy.
I am so glad my daughter has joined Mind Institute and that is because of the improvement we see and feel in her overall development. We were so worried and concerned before she joined. But they have amazed us with all the intervention. She has massively developed and we are so pleased
Professional, passionate and caring! Highly recommend them.
The Mind Institute helps you fulfil your needs, it helped me improve my concentration and I made good progress with them, it also tries to help you with other aspects you didn't know you needed, because it did also try to help me with my social skills. In addition, it is very flexible with scheduling appointments.
شكرا من القلب. لقد استفاد ابني اوس كثيرا من المركز وقد تطورت مهاراته السلوكية والادراكية والنفسية واللفظية. بصراحة انصح الجميع بزيارة المركز بما له من طاقم اداري اكثر من رائع. وهية تدريس تدرك من اول يوم ان ابنك سيكون بايدي امينة. وفعلا ماشككت يوما بهذا. بحيث اني ارى الحب والدفئ في عيونهم
السلا عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته انا عاجزه عن الشكر والتقدير لكل نجمه سطعت في سماء المركز ونورت حياتي وحياة الاطفال اللي يتلقون العلاج المناسب لهم واخص بالذكر ابني فهد اقل مااقدر اوصله لكم هو عوده فهد لارض الواقع بفضل نجوم المركز المميزين وبفضل قمر المركز منال جزاكم الله الف خير على مجهوداتكم التي لا تعد ولا تحصي ام فهد محمد مصطفي
If you are looking for a professional and caring center to work with you closely to develop your child’s skills and abilities, then Mind Institute is the one. My ASD daughter has been going there for more than two years now and I have continuously been satisfied with all her progress. They know how to identify the child’s struggles, structure a development plan and address the issues accordingly. The improvement we have seen in her is amazing. She is more independent and confident now. She is going to a mainstream school two months from now and I cannot be more grateful. The whole team are hearty and care for the kids in the center. I drop my daughter there every day with confidence, knowing that she is in good hands. Mind Institute has been a lovely part of our family and we are full of gratitude for all their efforts.
بصراحة هذا المكان الافضل في قطر لذوي الاحتياجات الخاصه وهو يشمل كل الاعاقات وكل الاعمار ولاحظت تقدم كبير ل ابني وانا اتكلم عن تجربه انصحكم في هذا المكان سواء كان عنده تواحد او تواصل في النطق او تواصل بصري او اعاقة حركية وانصحكم بهذا المكان جداً جميل والتعامل جداً راقي لدرجة ان في استمراريه في الملاحظات والصور يرسلونها اول باول على الايميل ماندمت على اني حطيت ابني بينهم
My son has been attending the EIP at Mind Institute for the last 2 years. We are very satisfied with our son’s progress and with Minds personalized support and plan. I especially appreciate my son’s warm personal rapport with the teaching & assisting staff which makes our journey a whole lot easier. I’m grateful for Ms Sharon and Ms Vanessa patience and support provided to us at all times.
Excellent service. Strong and clear communication throughout, very flexible and supportive despite COVID changes. Very friendly and engaging staff, my son always felt at ease and welcome. Would highly recommend. In terms of results, excellent progress throughout therapy and sustainable results.
We have had a great experience with Mind Institute both through tele-therapy and in person. My son was so excited to attend each week and his therapist, Hafsa, was excellent. The team were professional and welcoming and I have no hesitations in recommending their services.
I am sending you to tell you about my experience with the virtual program that Mind Institute start with, because of recent situation of COVID-19 virus. As you know my Son just joined middle of February 2020. So he spent only almost 1 month and then center was closed. To be honest I found real care from all the staff for the benefit of my son. These online lessons were difficult for the first week but you and all the therapists worked hard with me and I learned a lot about how to deal with him and I came to know what type of toys are useful since you are sending us a weekly plan with all resources needed. When I ask for something or have a concern you and all Mind Institute family are available to help. Thanks a lot for your patience, hard work and support.
I’m writing this email to feedback on VIP program which we started with my son Ilia 2 weeks ago. This is absolutely incredible program which supports my sons learning/ communicative needs even during this hard time of school’s closure. I was a bit worried at first how he would react to distance learning and whether he will cope with tasks given online, but from the very first training session he grabbed the concept and just greeted his teacher as if she was in the room. I was very surprised to know that every week I will receive not only detailed plan, but also complete kit to support this plan, this is just beyond any praise! The kit includes all necessary supplies to support creative learning and it’s so easy to prepare for every session. More than that it’s tailored to my child’s needs and interests! The team was so attentive to ilia’s liking of firefighting topic so that they created the whole set for math (addition), fun games in firefighting theme! Thank you for that! The program is also helpful for me as a parent to better understand my kid, learn his strengths and spend more quality time together having fun and lots of laughs! My son loves everyday sessions and looks forward to seeing his teacher and assistants and therapists! I can’t thank you enough for presenting this amazing opportunity to families who have to organize in- house schooling. Thank you to all the MI team and see you soon on the next session!
I would like to extend my appreciation to the entire team, for their work with the VIP program. The program has been very insightful, for me as a parent. As I am able to better understand Leon’s challenge’s in a study setting/ environment. I do feel it is important to keep the activities as interactive and stimulating as possible. Because this keeps Leon engaged and focused through the session. The weekly kits, sent to us have been very well planned and organized. This has made it easy for me to understand as a parent.
خدمات التواصل عن بعد ممتازة وطريقة مثلى للاستفادة من الوقت وإعادة تنظيم جدول الحياة اليومي لابراهيم والاهم الاستمرار في الخطة العلاجية الخاصة به جهودكم مشكورة جميعا
خدمات التواصل عن بعد ممتازة وطريقة مثلى للاستفادة من الوقت وإعادة تنظيم جدول الحياة اليومي لابراهيم والاهم الاستمرار في الخطة العلاجية الخاصة به
كانت تجربة الزوم ناجحة بالنسبة لي حيث ان ليس ابنتي فقط من استفادت منه انا كذلك استفدت وتعلمت اشياء لم اكم اعرفها من قبل واصبحت اعرف كيف اتعامل مع ابنتي بطرق علميه. شكرا مايند انستتيوت كم انت رائع
It’s great seeing Myles being busy, especially doing a body parts activity. We’ve been trying so hard to get Myles to do things like that at home, but he would never do them! The only thing I think he really shows interest in is music and musical instruments! He has recently started to imitate us playing his drum kit and other little instruments like tambourine...