Psychotherapy and counseling are sometimes called a “talking treatment” because they use talking, rather than medication. Some forms of psychotherapy last only a few sessions, while others are long-term, lasting for months or years. Sessions are usually for 50 minutes once a week, but the frequency can vary from case to case. And they follow a carefully structured process. Moreover, sessions may be one-to-one, in pairs, or in groups. So that techniques can include other forms of communication, such as drama, narrative story, and music or mindfulness, imagery visualization, and relaxation & breathing techniques.
The Psychology Department at Mind Institute offers evaluation and treatment for a wide range of emotional and psychological difficulties. Also, it offers standardized psychometric assessments for developmental, cognitive and attention deficit concerns for individuals under the age of 18.
Mind Institutes Psychology services are run by a group of highly-trained and experienced psychologists. Also, they are offering individual therapy, counseling, and behavior management support to children, adolescents and adults.
Our Psychology Department offers treatment in the following areas:
- Behavior management support for children with relevant difficulties
- Stress and anxiety
- Depression / Lack of motivation
- Suicidal ideation / Self-Harming behaviors
- Interpersonal issues and general well being
- Friendship and romantic relationship difficulties / Marital challenges
- Bereavement and loss
- Concerns regarding body image, eating habits and weight
- Experiences of sexual assault, relationship violence, or abuse
- Family sessions
- Questions/ confusion about identity, sexuality, gender, or religious concerns
- College adjustment issues such as homesickness, academic problems
Our highly qualified psychologists follow a Systemic and Person-centered counseling approach. So that helps promote change through the client-therapist relationship. With our younger clients, play and art therapy based techniques are also implemented.
Therapy helps people develop a better understanding of their unconscious emotions and motivations derived from the past that can affect their thoughts and actions. However it is a longer-term Therapy that focuses on promoting positive change in ourselves and relationships with others.
- Conners 3rd edition
- ADOS 2
- GL ASSESSMENT
- CARS 2 (3 FORMS)
- WISC V